Chilla is another name for a savoury pancake generally eaten for breakfast in Indian homes. It is a vegetarian preparation, shaped like an omelet it is the perfect substitute for egg. Chilla is made with Gram/ Besan flour. This flour is made with ground chickpeas.
The diet conscious substitute gram flour to make it still healthier Oats Chilla. This Oats Chilla is scrumptious and drool worthy packed with oats and vegetables. It is a low calorie dish that be made very easily in very less time. If you are thinking of easy healthy options then this recipe of oats chilla is a good option.
Will make 2 large Chillas
1/2 cups Oats
1 tsp semolina (sooji)
2-3 tbsp Curd
½ finely chopped onion
½ finely chopped tomato
1 chopped green chili
1 tsp finely corriander leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
½ tsp cumin powder
Water to make the batter
Oil for cooking Chilla
1. First dry roast the oats in a nonstick pan for 2- 3 minutes on medium flame by constantly stirring. Take them out then let it cool down.
2. Now add the oats to a blender and blend to a course powder.
3. Add the semolina, salt, pepper, spices to the oats. Now add the chopped onions, tomato, chilli and coriander leaves and lightly mix all ingredients together.
4. Add the curd and water and blend to make a smooth batter (Like for dosa or pancake)
5. Keep the batter aside for 10 minutes.
6. Now place a non stick pan on the flame, add oil and let it heat. Take one portion of batter and in a circular motion form a round shaped chilla.
7. Cook on one side and then flip it to cook on other side. Cook
well till brown.
8. You can make chillas according to the size you want. Serve
it hot with ketchup or chutney.