Holi Recipe - Mango Yogurt Thandai Shots
However much I love Alphonso mangoes, my first mangoes of 2021 was of a different kind. During my regular visit for fruits and groceries to Bazar road, my fruit vendor strongly recommended this sweet freshly variety of mangoes from Kerala. It was at that time, I decided to stir up a simple dessert for the festival of Holi.
So instead of the regular gujiya, malpractice, thandai, and jalebis this was my humble tribute to the sweet tooth without adding sugar.
So here is my recipe of Holi Mango Yogurt Thandai Shots
2 big mangoes
1 cup hung curd
Handful of nuts (cashew, pistachios and almonds)
1 tbsp thandai powder
1 tbsp raisins (kismish)
2 digestive biscuits( powdered)
Pomegranate pearls (for garnish)
1 tbsp honey (optional, only of mangoes are not sweet)
1. Wash, peal and make a pulp out of the mangoes
2. Now add the hung curd and mix it well.
3. Powder the digestive biscuits, add the thandai powder, and half of the chopped dry fruits and raisins to this.
4. Take cutting chai glasses to make the dessert. First put in a layer of mango Yogurt.
5. Now add a thin layer of powdered biscuits and nuts.
6. Add another layer of mango Yogurt.
7. Garnish this with pomegranate, chopped mango bits and nuts.
8. Place this in the chiller for minimum an hour before serving.
You can mix cream to mango instead of yogurt to make mango mousse jars
Add a cake layer instead of biscuits for another variation.
The result will be phenomenal and finger licking good.