Healthy Peanut Butter laddoos
Peanuts are often used in Indian cooking to thicken gravies, even added to dishes to enhance the flavours. It is a good source of protein and should be included in diet.
I have tried to make a healthy version on peanut butter laddoos using jaggery and not sugar. Also added healthy multi grain flour and oats to this recipe. The laddoos can be stored in an air tight jar in the refrigerator for a week.
These delicious balls of melting temptation with peanut butter rolled in jaggery and other ingredients, is not difficult to fix. This is a good option to give children instead of chocolates. So note down the simple ingredients and get it done on the weekend.
1 cup peanut butter (unsweetened)
1/2 cup gram flour
1/2 cup multi grain flour ( ragi, bajra, jawar)
3/4 cup jaggery granules
2 tbsp ghee
In a pan, dry roast the oats for 2- 3 minutes till they emit a toasted aroma. Leave aside to cool.
2. In the same way roast the gram flour and multi grain flour. Roast till golden brown.
3. When its cooled, add it to a mixer jar and grind into a fine powder.
4. Now sieve the powder and remove granules. To this flour add jaggery powder. Mix well.
5. Now add melted ghee and peanut butter and combine to make a dough.
6. Start making the laddoos now, take a fistful and start shaping into a round shape.
7. Make round balls and make the laddoos ready.Store in clean dry container.
1. Use the crunchy peanut butter for better taste and texture.
2. It is optional to.add nuts or seeds to the mixture.
3. If the mixture doesn't bind together you can add a little milk to it.
4. Instead of ghee, the next time I added 2 tbsp of Cocosoul cold Pressed Virgin Coconut oil.