Friday, 23 July 2021
Friday, 2 July 2021
Sukhdi or Goud Papdi is a traditional Gujarati sweet which is made up of Wheat flour which is coursely crushed, jaggery & Ghee.
"Sukhdi" happens to be a winter delicacy, no doubt but can be enjoyed in moderation all throughout the year. We don't need any occasion or season to grab this desi gujarati sweet.
Like yesterday, when we visited Ms Meena Parikh's home, she had especially prepared a fresh batch of these tasty treats.
And when I asked her for the recipe she instantly explained the entire recipe in detail. The basic three ingredients remains the same, Wheat flour, Ghee and jaggery. But you can add edible gum, coconut, sesame seeds, almonds, cashews, pistachios etc.
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup jaggery
1 cup ghee (clarified butter)
1 tsp Cardamom powder (optional)
Handful of nuts
1. Heat 1 cup of Ghee in a kadhai
2. Now add 2 cups of wheat flour. Add in small portions.
3. Keeping the flame on slow, see that all the flour gets mixed well ensuring no lumps are formed.
4. Now patiently roast it until it changes colour, and the ghee starts getting separated.
5. You will also get a delicious aroma at the time of Ghee separating.
6. Here you can add the jaggery, keep flame on low.
7. Stir it until it starts melting and becomes smooth. When you notice bubbles forming keep stirring and combine it properly.
8. After it is completely cooked take it out on a greased plate and let it cool on room temperature. Remember take a flat surface plate and let the sukhdi set in it.
9. Cut out the sukhdi into square/diamond shape. Top it with crushed nuts and press on the top. Keep it aside for an hour, allow it to dry completely.
10. Now you can separate the pieces and store in an airtight container.
You can add crushed Elaichi powder when it is cooking with jaggery.
Now enjoy Sukhdi in winters or just any time of the year.
Parsi Style Fish Patia Recipe with Tilapia Khavanu Peevanu Majja Ni Life Here is my Super Special Sunday Parsi Recipe for Khattu-Meethu...
Maharashtrian Style Jawla recipe Once in a while I prefer to visit the local fish market to purchase fresh seafood. Sometimes I just vis...
Hello friends, So can one achieve to make brownies if you have no oven? If you ask me this question, I will answer in the affirmative. ...
Wish you all a Very Happy Women's day And happy moments cooking for your family. There is absolutely no limit of stuffing you can p...