Masoor Biryani Recipe
Have you tried making a Masoor Biryani Recipe instead of the usual Vegetable one? This whole Masoor Biryani was an interesting vegetarian option to try. This can be cooked if vegetables are not available at home.
Bring rice and fiber-rich masoor together to create a low-cholesterol and delicious biryani. Use some aromatic special masala and spices and with the step by step recipe below this masoor biryani will be complete in no time. You will love the outcome.
1 cup of the whole masoor (soaked for two hours)
1&1/2 cup long grain Basmati Rice (wash and keep aside to cook)
2 big sliced onion
2 medium-sized tomatoes
1 Cup Fresh Coriander leaves
3 slit Green Chilies
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
2 bay leaves
½ tsp. Black Peppercorn
1 inch Cinnamon stick
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Red Chilli powder
2 tsp garam masala
3 tbsp ghee
Salt to taste
1/4 cup milk
Mint leaves for garnish
1) Take a deep bottom pan, add ghee to it. Put it on medium flame, add to it sliced onion saute till brown.
2. Add slit green chilies, ginger garlic paste and saute for two minutes. Now add the turmeric powder and soaked red lentils saute for 2/3 minutes.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, red chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder, and salt and stir well. Now add one cup of water. Cook till oil comes out from edges of the pan and masoor dal is 3/4 cooked. ( on pressing with the finger the daal should not mask easily yet be cooked)
4. For the rice
Heat 3 cups of water in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, rice, and salt, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 15 minutes while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
5. For the layering
Take one portion of the rice and spread it evenly. Add some coriander leaves and garam masala. Now put the masoor mixture on it and spread it evenly. Finally, add the remaining rice on the top. Add a bit of ghee and milk.
6. Cover the pot with a heavy lid so air doesn't escape. Now place the pot on a tava and place it on low gas for just ten minutes.
7. Serve while scooping it out as a layer onto the dish. Garnish with mint leaves and crushed fried onions before serving.
8. This masoor biryani can be served with papad, achaar, salad and raita.
- For this biryani recipe, soaking the masoor for at least 1 hour is a must.
- Use a good quality long grain basmati rice
- Together with the dal you can add mince, kheema masoor biryani is a very famous Muslim delicacy.
- Use hot water to reduce cooking time.
- Don’t use oil instead of ghee.
- You can also use a pressure cooker to cook the masoor daal.
Akkha Masoor Ki Biryani is indeed a good vegetarian option. Would like to try this out in place of the regular Veg one that we make at home for a change. Sounds really nice and convenient to cook too.ReplyDelete
Wow the Biryani looks awesome in your pictures! I'm so tempted, and I will definitely try the recipe out!ReplyDelete
Noor Anand Chawla
My next best meal has to be akkha Masoor ki biryani, and I can't wait for it after reading your post.ReplyDelete
Wow! How delicious. I would love to make this at home. My weekend plan sorted and thanks for sharing the recipe I will definitely give it a tryReplyDelete
Wow. This sounds so healthy to me. I never thought that Masoor can be used so creatively. Being a vegetarian I can try to make it often. What's helpful is the fact that your recipe is so easy to follow.ReplyDelete
This one sounds delicious . I never heard about this dish. I will try for sureReplyDelete
Never heard or eaten but now i will cook on weekend surprise my familyReplyDelete
This one looks delicious. Thanks for sharing such a simple recipe.ReplyDelete
Will surely try and hope comes out to be good.. great post..ReplyDelete
Akkha Massor ki Biriyani looks like a great dish, easy to cook as well as healthy. I am going to try this soon.ReplyDelete
This dish is something new to me I have never heard about Massor ki biryani though it looks super tempting.ReplyDelete
Looks like a delicious one, will give it a try.ReplyDelete
This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works. bamboo biryani recipeReplyDelete