Cheese Masala Toast Sandwich -- Sindhi Style
The first time I savoured a Sindhi Aloo Cheese Sandwich toast was almost two decades ago at a neighbors place at tea time. When I asked her for the recipe she quickly responded and ever since that time this Sindhi Style Aloo Cheese Toast is a regular on the Irani Saturday night TV dinner. It is always accompanied by a bowl of soup or vegetable salad.
The secret ingredient here is butter and cheese, the more you add the tastier it gets. However, I try to add it sparingly just to lessen the calories and savour it with chutney or ketchup.
To make 4 Whole Sandwiches- 8 Quarters
4 boiled potatoes
1 chopped onion
1 chopped tomato
1/2 cup chopped cabbage
2 green chilies
2 sliced cheese/ or cubes
Few Corriander leaves
1 tsp Chaat Masala
Juice from 1/2 lime
Salt to taste
Butter as required
8 slices of brown bread
1. Finely chop the onion, tomato, cabbage, green chilies and coriander leaves.
2. Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker for 2 to 3 whistles. Let it come to room temperature, then peel the potatoes and mash the potatoes to clear all lumps.
3. Now mix in the chopped vegetables, chilies, coriander leaves and combine it well like a dough.
4. To this add salt, dry spice, lime juice, and cheese. Mix all the ingredients except the butter.
5. Spread butter on each slice then apply the mixture on 1 slice and cover it with the other slice.
6. Do the same process for the other slices to create sandwiches.
7. Take a non-stick sandwich toaster, put a little butter and toast on both sides on a low flame until crisp. You can do the same process in an electric toaster.
8. Serve this Cheese Masala Toast Sandwich hot with tomato ketchup or chutney and a light salad on the side.
You can avoid cheese if you wish.
To the potato batter one can add chopped capsicum too.
Use while bread instead of brown bread and see how more tastier it gets.
Thanks for this lovely post. I am definitely trying this recipe soon. Your photography is splendid by the way 😍ReplyDelete
Amazing recipe. I would love to try somedayReplyDelete
I love it whenever I come across vegetarian food snacks. plus this would remind me of my Mumbai trips.ReplyDelete
this would make a nice option to pack in my kid's tiffin. love the pictures too.ReplyDelete
The recipe looks so tempting and yummy . will try the recipe this Sunday for sure.ReplyDelete
I love sandwiches, I often make this. Very yummy and tasty to eat. Best tiffin option too.ReplyDelete
It look so tempting and very easy to make. I will try out this weekendReplyDelete
This sounds so perfect to make and eat during this monsoon season. Yummy and healthy!ReplyDelete
I'm a big fan of cheese and I'm so glad you shared this post, cabt wait to try this out 👍🏻ReplyDelete
Wow, I love Sindhi cuisine, I must try this cheese masala toast tomorrow morning for breakfast, my mouth is already watering.ReplyDelete
That is a yummylicious recipe and a perfect Saturday night snackReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
This is one of our favorite breakfast recipes. My kids love it topped generously with cheese but I mostly avoid it for myself.ReplyDelete
my son loves cheese toast and cheese sandwiches. I am going to make this one too.ReplyDelete
Wow Sindhi style sandwich. I simply love the sindhi cuisine and this one looks absolutely amazing to me..I shall try for sure.ReplyDelete
Wow it looks so yummy. Will try at my home. My son loves sandwich even me too.ReplyDelete
Wow that's awesome, I really like cheese toast will surely try this recipe soonReplyDelete
I am trying out this rerecipe today to enjoy my sunday brunch. I love to have cheese toast with healthy veggies.ReplyDelete
Wow this is so easy actually. I love having sandwich and I think I could try out this recipe. Thanks for sharingReplyDelete
I learn some new stuff from it too, thanks for sharing your information. Best Rice Cooker to Buy 2021ReplyDelete