These Dark Chocolate Energy Bites were delicious in every bite. I made a couple of these last week and stored them away in my refrigerator. It was a healthy option to dessert cravings after meals ~ these bites are made with a combination of rich dark chocolate and regular milk chocolate topped with fruits and seeds.
I did not add nuts as I was doing another recipe with nuts that day but surely you can top it with almonds and walnuts to make it more healthier. They were extremely delicious and fulfilling to taste.
I used morde cooking chocolate and Cadburys Milk chocolate for this recipe in 2:1 proportion. You can use the chocolates available to you. As I did not have chocolate moulds so I used small sized plastic lids of disposable boxes. The size of Monaco or Marie Biscuits. But if have the choco moulds that would be perfect.
This recipe made roughly 20 to 22 pieces of dark chocolate energy bites.
200 gms Dark Chocolate (Morde)
100 gms Milk Chocolate (Cadbury's)
1 tsp Flax Seeds
1tsp Pumpkin seeds
1 tsp Sunflower seeds
1 tsp tutti frutti
1. Roughly break the dark and milk chocolates into small pieces and put it in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Now place it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir with spatula, place it again for 20 minutes. This will ensure the chocolate will not burn. If it doesn't melt then ace again for 10 seconds.
3. Mix the melted chocolate well together.
4. Now fill the round moulds with the melted chocolate. Lightly tap it on the surface that it spreads evenly.
5. Sprinkle the three types of seeds and tutti frutti on the soft chocolate so that its sets well. Do it quickly before the chocolate hardens again.
6. Further pop the chocolate in the refrigerator chiller for an hour to harden.
7. Now take the chocolates out and unmould them slowly without breaking the bites.
8. Store the dark chocolate energy bites in a container and savour whenever you wish.
You can use the double boiling method and melt the chocolate on the gas. You have to place water in a vessel and then take the chocolate pieces in another vessel and place it over the water vessel. Keep stirring it on slow flame till the chocolate melts .