Have you tried having
avocado on toast for breakfast? With plenty of avocados available in the market I decided
to give it a try instead of the regular scrambled eggs on toast. So here is a
simple and easy Avocado on toast recipe I stirred up in my kitchen. With the ingredients available to me that morning. Well the recipe was easy and done in a jiffy. But my only advice is, once the avacado mixture is prepared, do not wait ti eat it. It has to be eaten as soon as possible ot else you will get a bitter after taste.
Before I explain the recipe here are a few tips to buy and store avocados.
1. Buy the darker colored avocados, they are more freshy and loaded with health benefits.
2. They should feel a tad bit soft but not mushy.
3. If avocados are hard, then store it in a newspaper or paper bag to ripen.
4. If you have used half an avocado and need to store the other half then squeeze some lime juice or vinegar on half of it. Also store it in an airtight container or else it will turn brown.
And Now for the Recipe .....
Easy Avocado on Toast Recipe
1 ripe avocado
2/3 slices bread
1 clove of garlic
1 tbsp virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 tsp lime juice
Cilantro or parsley (do not use coriander leaves, skip it if you don't have)
Red chilly Flakes
1. First you need to cut the avocado in half and remove seed from the middle. Peel the skin of the avocado.
2. Chop into pieces and add it to the mixer jar.
3. To this add the other ingredients and blend well till it gets pulpy like a smooth buttery paste.
4. Toast the
bread slices. Now scoop out the avocado mixture and apply to the toast.
5. Garnish with red chilly flakes and pomegranate.
6. Serve immediately with egg (fried or boiled) and cut fruit.