Easy Quinoa Patties/Tikkis
My experimentation in the kitchen made me cook up this interesting recipe. Want to use up some of that leftover quinoa in the fridge? So I decided in making these crispy quinoa patties. Great for a meal or just a snack these crispy fritters are so much yum!
Quinoa is pronounced as ‘keenwah’ or ‘kinuwa’ is a grain grown for its edible seeds. Quinoa is also known as a super food. It is a good source of protein, its beneficial for vegetarians as well as vegans. It’s also rich in iron, manganese, phosphorus and other minerals.
1 cup Quinoa (soaked overnight)
1 finely chopped onion
1 grated carrot
1 finely chopped capsicum( Green/ yellow/ red)
½ cup boiled sweet corn
5 tablespoons oil
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon red chilly powder
Salt to taste
FOR COOKING QUINOA:
Soak the quinoa for 8 to 10 hours. Boil 2 cups of water. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and quinoa. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and let it cook for 15 minutes. Once the water dries up, keep aside to use later.
TO MAKE THE PATTIES BATTER
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add onions and sauté until translucent. Now add the vegetables and sauté for one minute. Add garam masala, turmeric powder, paprika, and salt. Let this cook untill all the water from the vegetables evaporates.
2. Once the mixture is dry, let it cool Add the beaten egg
3. Now make small palm size balls, roll and flatten to make patties.
4. Pour the rest of the oil on a grid or frypan. Fry on medium to medium high heat till the coating is golden brown in color.
5. Serve this hot with green chutney or ketchup.
Post a Comment