Easy Recipe of Beetroot Pachadi
Beetroot pachadi is a chutney style dish of beetroot which is integral part of Onam Sadhya.
Bring in your Onam festivities with this mildly spiced, curd-based Beetroot Pachadi. This dish is a must on during every offering. Its deep red color and unique taste makes it extremely likeable in every morsel. Read the full recipe here:
2 large beetroots
1/2 cup water
½ tsp cumin / jeera
1 whole chilli
½ cup curd
1 tsp salt
½ cup grated coconut
¾ tsp mustard
½ tbsp mustard oil
Fresh curry leaves
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
3 dried red chilli
1. Grate both the beetroots and boil it in hot water. In the same utensil, add ½ salt and mix it well. Cover it using a lid and let it boil for 15 minutes till beetroot are cooked.
2. Now take the 1/2 cup coconut, 3/4 tsp mustard,1/2 tsp cumin, 1 chilli combine all this. Blend it to a smooth paste in a mixer grinder. Keep adding water bit by bit to maintain the consistency of the paste.
3. Mix the paste with the grated beetroot and let them rest for a while.
4. Now cook this over a sim flame for 7-8 minutes to get the taste of raw coconut out.
5. Let it cool down a bit and add 1/2 cup curd to the mixture and mix it well.
6. Ensure that the curd doesn’t form lumps and the batter has smooth consistency overall.
7. Heat ½ tbsp mustard oil in a pan and splutter 1 tsp mustard seeds, curry leaves and dried red chillies.
8. Now pour the tempering over pachadi and let it settle at the top.
9. Now serve the beetroot pachadi piping hot with banana chips and steamed rice.
Post a Comment