You must be thinking that the Stuffed Capsicum recipe might be a very difficult one to execute. Laborious and time-consuming. However, that's not the case. It takes the same ingredients you would put in an aloo-capsicum bhaaji and almost the same time too. It's totally worth making Stuffed Capsicum as it looks and tastes fabulous.
The Stuffed Capsicum can be enhanced with cheese however I decided to keep it simple with a spicy potato mixture. Note the ingredients and the recipe below.
Half kg bell peppers (5 -6 medium sized capsicum)
2 tbsp oil
1/2 kg boiled potatoes ( peel and mash them)
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 medium-sized onion
2 green chilly
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp roasted peanuts
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp mango powder (amchoor)
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a small frying pan, now add the chopped garlic and saute for one minute.
2. To this add the onions, green chilies, and peanuts. Roast this on medium flame until onions are nicely caramelized and browned.
3. Now add the dry spices and salt. Roast the mixture on low flame for 2 minutes.
4. To this add the mashed potatoes and mix well. See that all the masalas and potatoes are mixed well together.
5. Now cut off the stem of the capsicums, scope out and remove all the seed from inside. Cut the base of capsicum to see that it stands.
6. Now stuff each capsicum with the potato filling pressing it flat over the top to avoid spillage.
7. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and place each stuffed capsicum in it.
8. Rotate and cook from all sides till capsicum is browned. You can keep a constant watch as it cooks. When capsicum has slightly softened that means it has been cooked. This should take about 2-3 mins on each side.
9. Stuffed bell peppers ready to serve. Serve it appetizers or side dish with ketchup or Mayo.
You can add herbs or spices to your own liking and try the recipe. The cheese will make it indulgent and delicious.
Instead of cooking the stuffed Capsicum in a pan, you can roast them in a grill/oven.
Now grab a fork and enjoy!!