HOW TO MAKE PARSI STYLE RAVO/SEMOLINA
Happy occasions call for sweet preparations being made at home. Parsi style Ravo is definitely one of the dishes made in our household. dessert recipe at home. Parsi Style Ravo is prepared with semolina, milk and dry fruits.
I remember my grandmother telling me that she used to add an egg while cooking the rava with milk.
This sweet dish needs to be cooked on slow flame while constantly stirring it. It has a creamy texture and looks like porridge. Garnish lavishly with nuts and raisins and its set to get served. Also, use a very fine grain of Semolina to enhance the texture.
Ingredients - Makes 6 helpings
1 cup semolina (rawa)
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter/ ghee
3 cups of milk
2 cups of water
Few strands of saffron
2 tbsp Rose water
1/2 cup charoli/ raisins/ nuts
1. Soak the saffron in a little water before you start preparing.
2. Take a heavy bottom pan or kadai. Add the ghee leaving one teaspoon for roasting the nuts. Heat the ghee on low flame.
3. Now add semolina and stir it well. Roast the Ravo till it lightly changes colour and emits a nice nutty aroma.
4. Now, pour water in it along with sugar and stir the mixture continuously. Cook until mixture becomes thick.
5. Add saffron and rose water at this stage.
6. Now add the milk stirring continuously on medium flame.
7. Cook the mixture until ravo thickens like a soup consistency. Turn off the gas. The mixture will further thicken on cooling.
8. In another frying pan, take one teaspoon ghee and roast the raisins and nuts.
9. Now serve Parsi Style Ravo garnished lavishly with charoli and kismish.
Do not add Cardamom to this dish or it will taste like Sheera. Too many ingredients spoil the taste. Rose water and saffron are just perfect for Parsi Ravo recipe. You can add vanilla essence instead of rose water.
This is my grandmother's recipe and I am happily sharing it with you all.