Indore Street Style Snack Poha
One of the easiest delicious and vegan staple breakfast for the people of Madya Pradesh. It is cooked in almost every household and sold in every street corner.
Dominant flavours from green chillies, with an extra crunch from the roasted peanuts. Loads of freshness from the lemon juice and the vibrant yellow flat rice with the subtle hint of turmeric.... sometimes sweet and sometimes spicy. This dish is simply amazing😇
And its super healthy too. Just prepared literally in 15 minutes or even less.
Would you like to try it ? Note the easy Indori Pohe Recipe.
The only thing missing is the teekha sev on my plate of Indori Pohe. Yes, Indore City will make you fall in love with Poha. It's quite different from the way we prepare in in Maharashtra.
2 cups Poha
1 large onion
2 green chillies
1 tsp Mustard Seeds or Rai
1/2 cup peanuts
1 tbsp cooking oil
1/4 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
Salt to Taste
Indori Sev – for Garnish
1. Lightly wash the pohe under running water for a couple of minutes. Then strain and keep aside.
2. Finely chop the onion, potato and green chillies.
3. Heat oil in a kadai.
4. Now add mustard seeds and wait until they splutter.
5. Add the peanuts and green chillies and fry for one minute on low flame.
6.Add the chopped potato to this. Saute for one minute.
7. Now add onion to this and fry till they turn transparent.
8. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, and sugar to the washed poha and lightly mix it in Now add this to the onions and potato that are getting cooked in the kadai.
9. Lightly stir the poha in the kadai.
10. Stir fry for about a minute or till the sugar dissolves.
11. Add the lime juice and chopped coriander leaves just before serving.
12. While still warm, divide into serving plates
13.Garnish each serving with freshly chopped onions and a generous helping of Indori Sev.
14. Just before you eat, squeeze 1/2 a lemon over each portion and now.....
Is there another way you make Indori Poha, do let me know in the comments below.