Makhaha Kheer Recipe
Makhana Kheer (Makhane ki Kheer) is a creamy Indian Dessert made using fox nuts, milk, dry fruits and sugar(I substituted it for honey).
This kheer is creamy, delicious and nutritious, and doesn’t take much time to prepare. It is light yet very indulgent. It makes delicious sweetdish which can be served on any occasion or for vrat or fasting.
The makhanas roasted in ghee and simmered in milk, sweetened with honey and garnished with nuts and some saffron, it is perfectly balanced and a guilt free dessert option.
Detailed ingredients and recipe below
2 tablespoons ghee
1 large bowl makhana (foxnuts)
1 litre whole milk
15-20 strands saffron
2 tablespoons slivered almonds
2 tablespoons slivered cashew nuts
2 tablespoons raisins
1/4 cup Honey
1. Take one tbsp ghee, melt it in a pan and lightly roast the Makhanas on low flame for 4 to 6 minutes. The makhana should crack between your fingers when checked.
2. Now take half the quantity of makhana and dry grind it in the mixer to make a coarse powder.
3. In the same pan add another tbsp ghee and roast the nuts and raisins for two minutes till brown and aromatic.
4. Boil one litre milk in a pan, now add the saffron and boil on low flame for 5 to 8 minutes.
5. Add the makhana powder and rest of makhana nuts and boil further till it thickens
6. At the end add honey when about to switch off the gas and garnish with roasted nuts and raisins
7. Serve it hot or cold and relish this Makhana kheer.
Post a Comment