Does this happen in your household too? Some family member and yourself end up buying an item or product needed in the kitchen. This time round my husband and me bought one dozen eggs each. Haa!!! So many eggs!! And just the two of us.
With two dozen eggs on hand, I quickly boiled ten of them in one go. It is going to be an eggy day ahead. Now that is the reason behind my Saturday quick lunch fix. It was boiled egg and mayo sandwich. This egg mayo sandwich recipe is so easy and quick to make. Turned out yummy, I used the filling in regular laadi pav, you can use sliced bread instead. This makes a good tiffin snack or dry lunch.
To make 3 sandwiches or pavs.
6 slices wheat bread or 3 normal pavs
3 bolied eggs
2 tbsp Mayonnaise
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp butter
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped coriander leaves
1. Crack and peel the boiled eggs & crumble in a bowl
2 Sprinkle salt, pepper and chilli flakes and mix well.
3. Now add the mayonnaise and chopped corriander to this. Mix and mix till all ingredients combine to form a paste.
4. Slit the bread from the middle & place egg mixture & evenly spread. Gently press so that the batter doesn't ooze out.
5. You can eat it cold. Or then butter a pan and lightly toast it on both sides before serving.
6. Serve this immediately with tomato chilli sauce.
Note - You can grill it in a toaster or oven. Add cheese to this too but that really gets heavy and takes the taste of of the egg. Cheese spread can be another option.
So keep it simple, the lesser the ingredients truly enhances the taste.
Try out another bolied egg bhurji recipe here.
Have an eggy weekend
Roj khao Ande!! 😂😃😄😘