Easy Pear salad with Feta Cheese and walnuts
So the saying goes : When life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade.
I improvised on that saying .....
So when life gives you pears, you should make a delicious Pear Salad.
When I recently visited the Bandra Bazar I noticed an abundance of pears being sold at every street vendor's stall. I got really excited to pick up a bagful of fresh soft juicy pears at a really good price. On returning home, I wished to make the best recipe with them hence I tried this Pear and Feta Cheese Salad. The secret ingredient that makes it extremely palatable and delicious is Mustard.
It was light refreshing and extremely delicious. The fresh pears, salad leaves when combined with soft Feta cheese made a great combination to relish.
Note the ingredients for the easy Pear Salad with Feta Cheese and walnuts..
For the Salad
1 Bunch lettuce or rocket salad leaves
2 Sweet & crunchy pears
1 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
Handful mixed nuts ( walnuts, almonds, Cashew Nuts)
Pomegranate seeds/Corrinader for garnish (optional)
For the Dressing
2 tsp honey
1 tbsp mustard
1tsp Balsamic vinegar
1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
Juice of half lemon
1. Roughly chop the lettuce leaves. Also chop the pears into small cubes.
2. Now make the marinade dressing with ingredients and keep aside.
3. Take a large bowl, add the Pear, nuts, lettuce leaves and mix it together lightly.
4. Add salt, pepper and a dash of lime juice to this.
5. Keep it in the refrigerator. Just before serving mix in the marinade.
6. Now add the crumbled Feta cheese and toss it lightly.
7. Garnish With Pomegranate seeds and Corrinader leaves. Serve the salad chilled and fresh.
Trust me it's a refreshing change to your regular salad. You can add cubes of cottage cheese if feta cheese is not available.
Hope you liked my easy Recipe. If you have any other interesting salad recipe do share it in the comments below.