Assamese Muga Leta Recipe
‘Muga Leta’ is a native Assamese sentence, which means Silkworms. In Assam state, there is a very tasty recipe prepared with Silkworms, which the native people called ‘Muga Leta recipe’.
I also live in Assam. Last weekend, I prepared the same recipe for some of my office friends.
In that case, I thought to share with you the whole procedure, how we can make a beautiful and delicious Muga Leta recipe in a simple Assamese style and eat it with Apong.
So, you want to see how to make it?
Here is the very simple step by step process below.
- Muga Leta or Silkworms (1/2 KG)
- Onion (2 to 3 large size) – The more onion you use, the more delicious your dish will be.
- Salt – 1 table spun
- Turmeric Powder
- Green Chili – 2 to 3 pieces
- Mustard oil (Use a bit more mustard oil)
- Garlic (Ginger is not required)
- Coriander leaves (For better design and smell)
3 steps before cooking
- First of all, you need to boil all the silkworms for almost 15 to 20 minutes in high flame. This will make your Silkworms quite smoother.
- Chop the onions, green chilies, into very small pieces that it marinates easily with Muga Leta’s.
- Make a raw spice paste by mashing 5 to 10 garlic cloves.
- That’s all, now we are ready to go for our final cooking steps.
- In the very first step, put some mustard oil in a frying pan. Let the oil be hot for 3 to 5 minutes in medium flame.
- After the oil becomes completely hot, add the chopped onions and keep frying until it becomes complete golden brown.
- Now, add some salt, turmeric powder, green chili, and garlic paste to it.
- In the fourth step, your onion mixture is ready to be mixed with boiled Muga Leta’s. So add them and fry the mixture again for 10 to 12 minutes continuously.
- After you have done these four simple steps, your dish is ready.
- Now, design it with coriander leaves and have it with Apong (Rice beer) in a traditional Assamese style.
Hope you will try this recipe very soon and let me know about it. I will be happy to know your first Muga Leta recipe cooking experience.
Post a Comment