An easy Pearl Millets/ Bajra Pulao Recipe
Nowadays everyone has become health conscious. Eating healthy and exercising has become the need of the hour. As carbohydrates are the key debatable ingredient, we need to take in to consideration other healthier options. Hence there is a revival of the Millet (Bajra) era.
For this recipe I used Pearl Millets (Bajra). Bajra is a gluten-free grain that is rich in antioxidants, soluble fibres and protein. Bajra brings warmth to the body and is excellent to be consumed in winters.
Today I have tried a different twist to the regular pulao for good health. This recipe I substituted regular rice for bajra ... A delicious bajre ka masaledaar pulao...simply spicy and delectable! ...
Lats head straight into the recipe.
1 cup Bajra (Pearl Millets) , soaked overnight
2 chopped Onions
2 chopped Tomatoes
½ cup Moong Dal
½ tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp oil
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (Haldi)
1 tbsp coriander seeds powder
1/2 tbsp garam masala
1 cup veggies(carrot, potato, peas)
Salt to taste
1. Pre soak the millets overnight or preferably for 8 -10 hours. This will ensure it cooks faster.
2. Finely chop the onions, tomatoes and other vegetables.
3. Now take a pressure cooker and heat the oil. Now add the onions and saute till it is translucent.
4. Add the ginger garlic paste and stir for one minute.
5. Now add the tomatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt and sauté for 1-2 minutes on low flame.
6. To this add the soaked and drained bajra, mix well and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
7. Also add the moong dal and add 3 cups of water, close the lid and pressure cook on high heat up to 3 whistles.
8. Then lower the flame and pressure cook for 10-12 minutes.
9. Let the Khichdi wait in the cooker till its warm. At this stage it absorbs water. Open the lid and add a tbsp of ghee and mix well.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve it hot with curd, pickle and salad.