I am utilizing my second lockdown period as well as I first. This quarantine time I tried to reduce my scraps to convert them into foods that can be consumed. For starters I tried to convert the peels of oranges into some delicious treats – Candied Orange Chocolate Peels.
Candied fruit has existed since the 14th century. It was served in Arab culture at banquets before spreading to the West where it became a key ingredient of some of the most famous sweet dishes such as Panettone.
I admit I've often binned orange peels. But this time I tried this recipe with orange peels and Voila!! Made these dynamite sticks of deliciousness. Candied orange peels are not only a tasty sweet treat, but also are great to add to cake batters. So note the ingredients and recipe for this.
Peels of two oranges
1 cup of sugar + extra for coating
2 cups of water
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Half cup melted chocolate
1. Thinly slice the orange peels into long strips.
2. Now boil them in water for 15 minutes to and boil in water to remove the bitterness.
3. Now drain the orange peels and repeat this process one more time.
4. Now take a pan, add 2 cups of water, 1 cup of sugar, vanilla extract and the orange peels.
5. Bring to a boil again, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
6. Simmer this for about 30-35 minutes until all the liquid has dried up.
7. Use thongs to remove orange peels and keep aside to further dry for minimum 8 hours. Or you can keep it overnight.
8. Now melt some dark chocolate. Dip each orange peel into melted chocolate. Set it in the fridge to harden.
Now enjoy this candied orange chocolate peels, Its going to be a new obsession.
Omg this reads to delicious, I also love the fact that you are basically using what we would generally throw away.ReplyDelete