Parsis love their eggs in any form. Scrambled, poached, sunny side up, akuri and above all omelettes. Infact in my house no one can refuse an omelette for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And then all those ingredients we can add to enhance the flavors. masala, vegetable, garlic, mushrooms, cheese, sausage etc.
Today I cooked up a chicken omelette, using left over chicken bits from my previous dish and other ingredients easily available to me. It turned out equally yummy. So note down the ingredients and get those eggs cracking.
- 4 eggs
- 100 gms boneless shredded chicken.
- 1 green chilly
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Few fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 cube grated cheese (optional)
- Ghee or oil for frying
- Few drops of milk
- Break four eggs in a large bowl and whisk well.
- Shred the chicken, chop the onions, corriander leaves and chilly.
- Now add boiled chicken, cheese and other ingredients and give it a good beating. 😂 You can add milk to this mixture in the end.
- Take a non stick frying pan and add oil to it. See that the oil is hot before you start preparing.
- Now pour two ladles of egg batter into the pan. Spread the egg mixture evenly in it and simmer the flame now.
- Leave the eggs to cook for 1- 2 minutes on low flame.
- Flip the omelette and cook on the other side.
- Leave to cook for one more minute and serve immediately.
- Serve with toast, butter, ketchup and a few vegetables on the side. Add grated cheese to the outer layer of omelette if required.
Post a Comment