According to dietary guidelines, we all should consume between 5 and 13 servings of fruits and vegetables every day. But do we actually achieve this?
Cooking vegetables in the same way can be very unappetizing to the palate. I try a different approach while cooking Vegetables with combinations of spices to enhance the taste.
So today I tried a stir fry cabbage with chinese style sauces using bell peppers too. And the end result was good. You can add carrots, spring onions or zucchini if you wish or even add ground chicken or shrimp to make it non vegetarian...... Okay, Now I am getting hungry once again. 😋
2 small size cabbage ( approx 250 gms)
2 -3 bell peppers
1 small onion
4-5 cloves garlic
2 slit green chillies
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp sweet/sour sauce (optional)
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp pepper powder
A pinch of sugar
1. Finely slice the cabbage, bell peppers, onion and garlic too.
2. Heat 2 tsp oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the chopped garlic and onion. Stir frequently.
3. Once the onions are translucent, add the cabbage and bell peppers and slit green chillies. Q
4. Add the soya sauce, chilli sauce, pepper powder, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. It is optional to add some sugar to enhance the taste.
6. Have it piping hot with roti or soup style noodles.
Post a Comment