Corn Palak Cheese Toast
When the summer arrives, it simply kills your appetite. You just cannot eat a heavy spicy meal especially at night.
Sometimes I just make a light chicken salad or soup.
But this time round I decided to try out a yummy sandwich recipe - Corn Spinach Cheese Toast, an excellent snack that can be enjoyed at meal time, especially in front of the TV during the IPL season. Toast after toast, it can be relished with sauce or chutney.
You can make these in an electric sandwich maker or a regular toaster on the gas.
This is a win-win recipe and makes a great tiffin treat for kids too.
10-12 slices of bread
1 cup chopped spinach leaves
1/2 cup American corn
1 cup milk
1 tsp Chilli flakes
1 tbsp corn flour
3 tbsp butter
salt and pepper to taste
3 cheese cubes
1.Boil the corn in a saucepan, keep aside and let it cool.
2. Blanch the spinach leaves in water. Drain it, chop and keep aside.
3. Now strain the corn and blend it for a short time in the mixer. Let it be coarse. Do not over grind it to make a paste.
4. Heat butter, add milk and cornflour to make a white sauce.
5. Now add the corn, spinach and cook for two minutes.
6. Add grated cheese, chilli flakes salt and pepper.
7.Take spinach and corn mixture spread it on bread slice, cover it with another bread slice.
8. Close the toaster and let it brown.
9. Remove it and butter it on both sides.
10. Serve this with favorite sauce or chutney. Enjoy it piping hot.
NoteDo not add corriander to this dish. It will spoil the taste.
This recipe can be revised as an open toast too, if you don't want to make it too bready.
Grill it with more grated cheese to make it like an open pizza toast.