Vegetable Oats Upma for breakfast
Have you tried to make a Vegetable Oats Upma for morning breakfast? It is light on the tummy, easy to cook and delicious to eat. It is the best option if you are looking for a healthy breakfast to start your day. It's really quick and simple to prepare. This healthy upma made with quick-cooking oats and vegetables.
The recipe and preparation as simple and similar to the regular rava upma made in most households. I have used instant oats which makes it easy to cook. It did taste like upma as it had all the other ingredients needed.
2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
2 tbsp oil/ghee
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp urad dal (split black lentils)
5 to 6 curry leaves (Kadi Patta)
2 green chilies,
1 small finely chopped onions
1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
1/4 cup green peas
1 tsp sugar
1/2 juice from a lemon
Salt to taste
1. Dry roast one cup of oats on a slow flame for two minutes and then keep aside.
2. Heat around 2 tbsp of ghee or oil in a pan. Once it is hot, add the mustard seeds and let them crackle.
3. Once they crackle, add 1 tsp of urad dal. Saute till light golden.
4. Now add the finely chopped chilies and curry leaves and wait for one minute.
5. Now add the chopped onion, and saute till the onions start to sweat.
6. Now add the boiled green peas and finely chopped carrots and sauté for 1 more minute.
7. After this add one glass of water and salt and let it come to a boil.
8. Lower the heat to medium and add the roasted oats to the water, mix well and let the oats cook.
9. When the water is almost dry, add 1/2 tsp sugar and a little lemon juice and mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot for breakfast.
Post a Comment