Roasted Curried Yam
Yams are edible root vegetables that are originated in Asia, Africa, and the Caribbean. It is often mistaken for sweet potatoes. But the yam is sweet and starchier. Yams are packed with vitamins, minerals, and good fiber. It is called Suran in Hindi. It is a very tough vegetable to cut.
A yam can be curried, fried, or stewed with other ingredients to make a vegetable. I decided to a roasted curried yam, the seasoning is smoky and savory and so delicious. It is easy to cook up in 30 minutes.
2 medium-sized Yams
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp tomato ketchup
½ tsp pepper
¼ tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
juice of half a lime
1 tsp chopped coriander leaves for garnish.
1. Wash the yam thoroughly, peel, and chop them into cubes.
2. Now apply one tablespoon oil, curry powder, salt, and turmeric and rub it in the yam.
3. Preheat the oven and arrange all the yam pieces on a greased baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
4. Now take a deep bottom pan to add the remaining oil, toss the yam with tomato ketchup, pepper, and some lime. Stir fry on slow for 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it as a starter.
This Roasted Curried Yam can be served as an appetizer, snack, side dish or can be even added to Parsi style Stew.
This recipe was inspired by @alive_in_livin
I do something similar..chop and double fry it and season...I am going to try your versionReplyDelete