Today is the third last post for letter X for my BlogchatterA2Z 2020 challenge.
Xmas is the time to indulge, make merry, and enjoy sweet goodies with family.
Just a snippet of some of the treats I make during the festive season. Today I bring to you 3 easy dessert fixes.
1. Raspberry flavored Jello Shots
I packet Raspberry flavored Jell-O mix
2 cups boiling water
1/2 cup ice water
1 cup Vodka
Dash of lime
1. Stir the Rasberry Jello into the boiling water until dissolved.
2. Now Pour in the ice water and vodka, a dash of lime, and mix well.
3. Pour into shot glasses or plastic cups and freeze for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Butter CookiesThese butter cookies can be shaped and created in the way you wish. Bake it to enjoy the buttery, crunchy and addictive flavour.
1cup soft butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1. Take a large mixing bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy.
2. Now add the sugar and mix it in.
3. Also stir in the vanilla extract.
3. Add one egg at a time, eat each for five minutes then add the second one.
5. Now sift the flour, baking powder and salt together
6. Add this flour to the mixture and stir well.
7. Keep covered for 15 minutes.
8. Now roll the pastry dough like a roti, to about ⅛ inch thickness.
9. Use a cookie cutter and cut into shapes of your choice.
10. Place it on a greased baking tray but 1 inch apart.
11. Now bake at 350'C. for 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
12. Cool and store.
These mini tarts are extremely quick to prepare if your base is ready. In fact I pick mine up from the nearby bakery to make the process even faster.
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
Topping1/2 cup of fresh fruit of your choice (strawberries, pineapple, black grape kiwi)
1. Take a large glass mixing bowl, add the fresh cream and use an electric hand to whip
2. Whip till the cream stiffens into peaks.
3. In another bowl whip the cream cheese and sugar together.
4. Now gently fold in the whipped cream.
5. Now spread this mixture into the tarts or pipe it through a piping bag.
6. Place it in the refrigerator for an hour before decorating it with cut fruits.
I love what I do, especially during the Christmas Season. To cook, bake and decorate and then serve up lots of sweet surprises to my family.
A balanced diet is a Christmas cookie in each hand. 😆 So just done count your calories.